Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Egg and I, Arvada Colorado

My lovely bride and I had a hankerin' for some breakfast this week and headed over to "The Egg and I" in Arvada. It's been there for many years, always served pretty good food and this time was no exception...with one small issue which they quickly resolved. 

I do not recall what the better half ordered exactly but it was some sort of an egg sandwich on a Croissant. The Croissant was soggy on the bottom, we complained and they quickly resolved the situation, bringing back a nice crispy sandwich in just a few minutes...kudos to the cook. She could not eat it all, so I helped...and lo it was good. 


I was attempting a lighter fare and feeling a little adventurous so I ordered the Mediterranean Frittata ,  - Egg whites accompanied by diced chicken, fresh mozzarella, roasted roma tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and Greek seasoning. Served with fresh fruit. 


The Frittata was EXCELLENT, well spiced and I highly recommend it, especially if you enjoy Greek spices and/or Giros. I will be back...and will find it hard to order something else, great job guys. Well done and very tasty.


The Egg and I has a great selection of fine coffee, which I also enjoy thoroughly. 


The fruit was "ok" not real great but it is wintertime, and it tasted good. 


For this visit I give the food, the ambiance and the service a 3.75 out of 4 stars. Very good for Breakfast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment